Tuesday, January 22, 2013

WORDS

This photograph was taken in the Galapagos. I loved the coloring of the house, how the paint faded away, and the gate on the door. This house and my trip in general made me feel extremely privileged to live in San Francisco, which I usually take for granted, which is why i added "be content."

 I also took this photo in the Galapagos, on a hike. It was an amazing, more natural sculpture carved out of a rock. This work of art captured in this photograph shows that art can also be made in more natural ways and in nature.
 I like this picture of my friends, taken in Santa Cruz. I chose the word "look" because most would look directly at the people. However when you take a closer look, you can see a large ship and tons of people in the background.
I added the word, "bother," to this photo because most people think of mushrooms as annoying or in the way, but they can also be very beautiful. Like all my other photos, I enjoy more simple and subtle editing. I also gave this photo more of a feel of motion, since the photo itself isn't completely focused, and the words are a bit blurry.

I took this photo in Missouri, on a community service trip with my friends. This was a picture of stairs leading up to one of the ruined, deserted houses from the Tornado in Joplin, Missouri. The peoples belongings were sprawled all over the demolished house and ground, and yet i found it amazing that there were some beautiful antique eggs that survived. This trip and this photo were very inspiring, so i chose the word "Prevail," because the people of the town's lived were basically destroyed, yet they were determined to survive.

This photograph was also taken in the Galapagos. I chose the word "beauty," because I thought that word depicted the clovers. In black, above beauty, i added the word typical. Four-leaf clovers are always photographed and are now a more typical beauty. So, i decided to document their beauty but also how they are repeatedly used. 

Elephants are amazing creatures, and in my opinion, beautiful. I thought the baby elephant standing with its mother was adorable, and i like the simple coloring of this photo. I added the word "wonder," since there is a baby elephant and there is a wonder of what that elephant will grow to be, and I also wonder about the elephants and their lives in general.

This was at a zoo in San Diego. I loved and edited the contrast between the dark dirt and the light flamingos. I think the ripple in the water adds to this photograph. I added "differentiate" because people  think of each flamingo as the same and that they all look the same, and it is important for people to differentiate themselves, unlike flamingos.

This photograph was labeled with the "Drift" since there is motion in the photo which is similar to drift. I thought drift was also more appropriate because of the landscaping which makes me feel like i could drift into the sunset.

This photo was taken from my Sally Mann collection, and i added "wander" to this photo because the path looks endless and like one could easily explore, or wander, in this forest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment