Sunday, September 30, 2012

LIGHT PAINTING


As people were taking pictures of light painting using the flashlight, I also wanted to do something different. I noticed that the blinds on the door had a line of little wholes, where light entered the room. I took a picture of the blinds and moved my camera around to create the same movement as the flashlight, with a very different effect. 
 I went to the front of the room to look at the colors that has been used for the light painting with the flashlight. The flashlight was creating a reflection on the plastic that made the colors pop more. I lined up certain colors and rested the flashlight on them and took a picture, moving the camera slowly. The colors aren't so bold in this photo, but fade into each other.
 While photographing the light painting, I noticed that the slow movement wasn't quite as interesting as the fast movement. So, I started out slow (the more delicate wave in the middle), and started to move my camera so that it made lines and shapes across the page. I like the geometric aspect in this picture.
For this photo, i was, again, searching for something that would be different than the rest of the photos. The shades covering a window didn't touch the ground, so there was a line of light at the bottom. There was also a chair in front of the window, which meant that the light only entered the photo in certain places. I moved my camera a little so that there would still be motion in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment