Thursday, February 7, 2013

NEGATIVE SPACE

I used a chair for the foreground of this photo so that only part of the background actually showed up in the picture. I darkened this photo and put it in black and white to add more of a city or dark feeling. 

This photograph was taken on the way to school. I enjoyed the shapes and the negative space the domes created, but i didn't want to include the entire building, so i allowed the photo to primarily be taken up by the sky.

In many of these photographs, I was just playing around with angles and how certain pieces of furniture interacted or affected the view. This negative space created by the blinds is more detailed. I put this photo into Sepia affect, and in order to make it a little darker, i turned down the saturation. 

This photograph was taken in a darker room. I cropped the photo so that you couldn't see quite as much of the wall. I like how the shades make the photo so much more geometric. I also darkened this photo and put it in black and white. 

I took this photo on my way to school, and i like that, even though the bottom of the photo is not black, there is still negative space. I also put this photo in Sepia effect and turned down the saturation so that the color of the ground was less prominent than the color of the sky.

The foreground of this photo is a chair with an elaborate design. The background is still the city, like all my other photos, but you can basically only see the one building. The negative space in this photo is very detailed because of the design.


This photo was taken on Geary street, of another Church. The color of the church and the other building were much more bright, but i turned down the saturation and the brightness so that I did not have to put it into a black and white or sepia effect. 

This photograph was taken near Union Street. The geometric shapes of the building on the right lead the eye to the center of the photo, where the clouds stop. There is also a lot of perspective in this photograph with the buildings getting smaller as they go into the distance. I lowered the brightness and the saturation so that the sepia effect was not as bright.


No comments:

Post a Comment